- Duck and Goose Recipes
- Easy Roasted Duck
- Easy Cajun Duck Appetizers
- Spicy Duck Stir-Fry with Peanuts
- 24 Hour Marinaded Duck or Goose
- Another Wild Creation At The Grill
- Easy, tasty, ducks on the grill
- Sweet Citrus Teal Breasts & Wild Rice
- Duck Fajitas
- Teal Casserole
- Appetizer -Duck or Goose Rumaki with Mango Cilantro Salsa
- Easy BBQ Blue Winged Teal
- Beer-Battered Duck Nuggets
- BBQ Pulled Goose Sandwiches
- More Recipes/Recipe Help
- All Pages
By Wade Calk
- 5 Teal breasts
- 3/4 c. chopped celery
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 package of long grain wild rice (6 oz)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. half and half
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds
Put the first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil for about 2 minutes; reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour or until Teal are tender. Remove Teal from stock; strain stock and save it because you're going to need it. When Teal are cool, remove the meat from the bones and pull into bite size pieces. Set it aside for now.
Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
Saute the chopped onions in the butter until they are tender. Add the flour and stir it in until it's smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the stock until the sauce has thickened up. Stir in the Teal, rice, half and half and parsley. Pour it all into a greased 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with almonds.
Cover it with foil and bake it at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover it and bake 5 to 10 minutes or until it's heated all the way through. You can also use 2 big duck breasts in place of the Teal. Enjoy!!!